Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

It all started with...

I am really bad with Mathematics. I  mean, I can do math, really. But, If I get a Math concept, please don't try to ask me HOW I got it right. 
 I just want you to applause for me when I get it right. 
I have been thinking about this for the longest time. Secretly, All my life I have wanted to know the mysteries of the Universe. I have always wanted to know such deep things for my questions. 
 I would when I was little look at the clouds and see shapes in them, but I would think... What are those clouds? Another one I used to think. mind you I was three... I thought that the world was in a dome, and that the dome protected us from the out-space elements, such as getting too hot or cold, or losing air. 
 I did not know about atoms or carbon atoms or anything... I was just a three year old laying in the grass looking up in the sky. I used to have dreams that Space Ships would come and take me to other planets and Galaxies far away from mine.
 When I was in Forth Grade, I was in a "Reflections" Contest. 
The Theme was, "Into the Future" and you were supposed to speculate what was the world going to be like in the year 2000. 
 I was about 9, and I thought... Wow... This is awesome. 
 I knew what I was going to draw. 
I had everything the same, but we were on little tiny phones that we could carry all over with us, I drew flying cars, and satellites that looked like stars in the sky at night. I did not call them satellites. I said they were information receivers. 
 When I brought my quite "amazing" picture with an explanation in the back, my fellow class mates laughed at me, calling my project stupid and I remember one of the judges told me that I should not have put too much thought into my project that I was supposed to have fun and be creative, not to be too philosophical. But, I thought I was having fun! I thought my ideas of the future were just my creative thoughts... Needless to say I got Honorable Mentions but did not place. I was so upset. 
 I later that year was asked to write a paper about what I wanted to be when I grew up. I thought about it. An Astronaut. Or Oceanographer. Because both are Frontiers  that us humans really wonder about. 
 I was told that I should think of something else to be, because I have to know math and I was so bad at it. This was a teacher. 
I wish I never listened to that teacher. 
 I still have a wonder for the stars and everything on this earth. 
 I also wonder about God and how science and God have so many theories, how we can apply scientific theories, but interesting... We can not apply the theory of God... Or can we? 
 That is what I want to blog about. I want to write about my thoughts on this. 
I will be posting crazy, funny, serious and all matter of things that I find in my search for finding how we can have God and Science come together, and how I think they do. 
  I hope you enjoy this different and maybe not so different ideas I have in my mind. 
 As the greatest Character from Star Trek would say, Live Long and Prosper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment